Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COLA CHAT 2COLA CHAT 2  HomeHome  Battle Calc  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Feel free to leave suggestions about the forum in the Welcome section and we will see what we can do to implement all suggestions.
If you are an officer please message Jeffery, Zoizit, or George Samuel Kirk to be added to the Officers group after requesting to join the group under the user groups heading.
We have a chat room. COLA CHAT when you enter use your in game name and click no password to get in
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Resource and Fleet saving

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Resource and Fleet saving Empty
PostSubject: Resource and Fleet saving   Resource and Fleet saving Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 7:15 pm

Okay, I admit, I am very detailed oriented, and I don't like wasting effort. I know the general concepts of fleet and resource saving - keep fleets and resources tied up where enemies cannot get at them until you get back.

Fleet saving is simple - send your fleet on a harvesting trip who's round trip takes about the amount of time you will be gone. Reduce the speed of the fleet if needed.

That is easy for me to understand. Resource saving is more complicated.
There are a couple ways to do this - find a building or tech that will take longer to complete than you will be away, and cancel it when you get back. This is not always simple because the building or tech does not match your available resources. The simpler way is to load everything on hercs and atlases and perform a maneuver like fleet saving. However, you have just transported your resources to a different planet and they are no longer where you need them. In addition, they are vulnerable on the new planet for half the time you are away. If you recall the fleet, you won't have your resources for however long it takes for them to return.

What am I missing?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: new insight to fleet saving   Resource and Fleet saving Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 2:12 pm

You know that ind in your system, or say a fellow COLA member, or if need be some planet rated really low in your system.

Build a probe and "attack with it". make sure the "the enemy has a gun to shoot it down.

It will die a make a debris field with some crystal in it. Right around 500 to 600.

Guess what you just did. You made an in system fleet save.

congrats go farm it with your fleet and harvester.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resource and Fleet saving   Resource and Fleet saving Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 3:47 pm

NeoCommander wrote:
You know that ind in your system, or say a fellow COLA member, or if need be some planet rated really low in your system.

Build a probe and "attack with it". make sure the "the enemy has a gun to shoot it down.

It will die a make a debris field with some crystal in it. Right around 500 to 600.

Guess what you just did. You made an in system fleet save.

congrats go farm it with your fleet and harvester.

This is just stupid, why would you fleet save by losing a probe? You could send your fleet along with a single dio to one of your own planets to 'harvest' and lose nothing and still fleet save.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resource and Fleet saving   Resource and Fleet saving Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Resource and Fleet saving
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: COLA :: Questions and Answer-
Jump to: