Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COLA CHAT 2COLA CHAT 2  HomeHome  Battle Calc  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Feel free to leave suggestions about the forum in the Welcome section and we will see what we can do to implement all suggestions.
If you are an officer please message Jeffery, Zoizit, or George Samuel Kirk to be added to the Officers group after requesting to join the group under the user groups heading.
We have a chat room. COLA CHAT when you enter use your in game name and click no password to get in
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Fleet page tutorial and BEST FLEET SAVE TECHNIQUE

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Fleet page tutorial and BEST FLEET SAVE TECHNIQUE Empty
PostSubject: Fleet page tutorial and BEST FLEET SAVE TECHNIQUE   Fleet page tutorial and BEST FLEET SAVE TECHNIQUE Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 5:24 pm

I often receive many questions about the Fleets page and I end up repeating myself many times a day. I also find many people with fleet saving practices that are much more complicated then they need to be. This guide will address both. If I sent you here from the in game forum, it's because I like you. Welcome. Smile

First I'll be inserting a picture that I will refer back to throughout this guide.
Fleet page tutorial and BEST FLEET SAVE TECHNIQUE SFC

First I'll explain the areas of interest in this picture.

Inside the red box, towards the middle, are some numbers. These numbers are the co-ordinates to which you are sending your fleet. The first number is the galaxy, the most general number. This is most likely your current galaxy. The second number is the system. You will find 499 systems inside of each galaxy. The final number is a planet number, it defaults to the planet you are currently on and is a number between 1 and 15.

The next box of interest is the large yellow box. This will show all available ships on your currently selected planet. Which ships you select will effect what missions you can send that fleet on. The missions area is towards the bottom and I have surrounded it in a blue box. We can see that my available missions are "deploy" "transport" and "harvest". You will find others when you select other ships, but this is primarily a fleet saving guide, with a nice dose of fleet page tutorial.

When you deploy ships that means you send your ships to the destination selected in the co-ordinates area and they stay there. This is useful for sending your fleets to other colonies or for sending ships to other colonies to pick up resources.

When you transport ships you load them with resources and send them to the co-ordinates selected. The ships will drop off the resources and return to the starting point of the trip. This is useful when you want to send resources to someone or when you want to send resources to one of your own colonies. The difference between the two is that you don't have to tell the ships to return when you send them on a transport mission.

The small yellow box, towards the bottom middle, is the speed at which you will send your ships. The speed at which your ships move effect two things, the duration of the mission and the hydrogen consumption. You want to adjust this until the duration is half as long as you are going to be gone. I say half as long because the duration is only accounting for the trip to the destination. For example, if I wanted to go to bed and planned to be back online in 8 hours, I'd select a speed that created a four hour duration. Remember, it's always better to be safe then sorry. If in doubt, pick the higher time. You might be bored when you get online, but you'll have a fleet.

The last area of interest in the picture is the resources area. It's in the bottom let area and is surrounded by a white box. This is where you can select how many of each resource you want to send on the mission. Useful, of course, for loading your ships with resources.

Now that we have that out of the way I can teach you the simple, yet very effective, fleet saving technique that most of, if not all of, the best players use.

First you need to have a Dionysus Class Recycler. When you come to the fleets page you need to select all your ships, which is easiest to do if you use the "max" button to the left of each ships picture and name, and then change the mission type to "Harvest". After you've done that you need to select a duration that is half that of the time you will be gone, as explained earlier. If you plan on going to bed for the night you need to change your target co-ordinates to a different planet in order to get a duration long enough. The easiest way to do this is to change the planet portion in the co-ordinates one number up or one number down. In the example the co-ordinates are set to my homeworld, 53:486:10. I'd change that to 53:486:9 or 53:486:11. This will greatly increase the duration of my journey and I can adjust the speed according to my needs.

This should cover all the basic questions about one's fleet page, and all of the basic questions for fleet saving practices. Thank you for coming, I hope you enjoyed your stay.
Back to top Go down

Fleet page tutorial and BEST FLEET SAVE TECHNIQUE
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: COLA :: Newbie Tips & Tricks-
Jump to: