Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COLA CHAT 2COLA CHAT 2  HomeHome  Battle Calc  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Feel free to leave suggestions about the forum in the Welcome section and we will see what we can do to implement all suggestions.
If you are an officer please message Jeffery, Zoizit, or George Samuel Kirk to be added to the Officers group after requesting to join the group under the user groups heading.
We have a chat room. COLA CHAT when you enter use your in game name and click no password to get in
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Crossing Galaxies vs Sectors

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Crossing Galaxies vs Sectors Empty
PostSubject: Crossing Galaxies vs Sectors   Crossing Galaxies vs Sectors Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 12:30 pm

from in game messages board

Rod B :

I know there was a thread on this subject a while back, that's what gave me the idea to look into this. I lost track of that and don't know where it progressed, so there's a chance this is a duplication of that effort.

"95 for each solar system traveled, plus 2,700"
"20,000 for each galaxy traveled"
(source - starfleet wiki)

So to find the point where it is equiv to cross galaxies vs travel in the same galaxy

20000 = 2700 + 95x
where x = number of sectors.
solving for x gives us ~ 182.1

So if you are going farther than 182 sectors it's more efficient (and faster) to hop from the next galaxy.

Correct or no?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Well I know crosing borders adds that flat amount so maybe   Crossing Galaxies vs Sectors Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 7:24 pm

don't know for sure, depends if adds a system penalty ontop of the galaxy penalty for going to 1 from system 499 + galaxy distance.
Back to top Go down
Jeffery
Admin
Admin
Jeffery

PostSubject: Re: Crossing Galaxies vs Sectors   Crossing Galaxies vs Sectors Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 8:52 pm

I just ran some numbers using 1 athena as a hydro use number
to go from 36:124 to 37:124 1143 hydro
to go from 36:124 to 38:124 2286 hydro
to go from 36:124 to 39:124 3429 hydro

To me it seems that for an athena it costs:
1143 * x = y

Where x = number of galaxies and y is the total

I also checked to see if a bifferent system caused a change adn going from
to go from 36:124 to 39:140 also cost 3429 hydro
Back to top Go down
https://cola49585.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crossing Galaxies vs Sectors   Crossing Galaxies vs Sectors Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crossing Galaxies vs Sectors
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: COLA :: Questions and Answer-
Jump to: