Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COLA CHAT 2COLA CHAT 2  HomeHome  Battle Calc  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Feel free to leave suggestions about the forum in the Welcome section and we will see what we can do to implement all suggestions.
If you are an officer please message Jeffery, Zoizit, or George Samuel Kirk to be added to the Officers group after requesting to join the group under the user groups heading.
We have a chat room. COLA CHAT when you enter use your in game name and click no password to get in
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

how much colony defenes

Go down 
AuthorMessage

how much colony defenes Empty
PostSubject: how much colony defenes   how much colony defenes Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 10:07 pm

so how much defense is needed on a colony if you move the materials to the home planet every day??
Back to top Go down
Jeffery
Admin
Admin
Jeffery

PostSubject: Re: how much colony defenes   how much colony defenes Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 2:16 am

Depends on what tech you have. Currently I have a colony that I have 7 laser turrets on and am working towards getting a decoy. I do not have access to any other defensive attack other than missiles at this point and I have yet to be attacked but that might be because I pull my resources off except for what I need to build while I am on and when I get off I send all my resources back to my home world.
Back to top Go down
https://cola49585.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: how much colony defenes   how much colony defenes Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 5:00 am

If the colonies are just material farms, which are what most are in the beginning, you want just enough defense to keep people from raiding it. But when your mines are still pretty low and you ship the goods off when your not playing there not so much of a target. Now if you have been having trouble or are close to a war zone then that's different. As your mines level higher and will start building up enough that someone might be interested add more. A lot of the high players will tell you not to waste a lot of money on defenses early on. I didn't even buy any Missile batteries I go right to Laser cannons which need Shipyard 2.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: i went paranoid   how much colony defenes Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 10:36 am

2 missle batteries (by mistake oops)
25 laser cannons
10 pulse cannons
10 particle cannons
1 decoy
1 gauss
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: how much colony defenes   how much colony defenes Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 10:39 am

so much on your colonies ?? Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: again Im paranoid   how much colony defenes Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 1:10 am

15 las
10 pulse
10 particle
1 decoy

again this is over kill
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: This is my mentality   how much colony defenes Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 1:44 am

Do you want to lose 100k in reseources just to take 60k of mine?
Back to top Go down
Jeffery
Admin
Admin
Jeffery

PostSubject: Re: how much colony defenes   how much colony defenes Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 2:51 am

NeoCommander wrote:
Do you want to lose 100k in reseources just to take 60k of mine?

You have a good point in a way however in the early stages it is not needed. What is your resource production on those planets?
Back to top Go down
https://cola49585.forumotion.net

PostSubject: prob not high enough   how much colony defenes Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 6:54 am

i run
16 ore
15 crys
12 hydro at the moment
per colony

http://forum.playstarfleet.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2046
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: defenses are for the off time   how much colony defenes Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 7:04 am

you have resource and fleet saved so your mines are grinding away and you are not at your computer.

this is my production rate per planet
if you make 2000 ore per hour
1500 crys per hour
500 hydro per hour.

I resource save everytime I leave for work or sleep (which thanks to this game is like 6 hours per day)

in 6 hours i will make
12000 ore
9000 crys
3000 hydro

with my weap - armor - and shield tech no one will blow up their fleet to grab that its not worth the loss of the incoming fleet.

NOTE: as we know no amount of Defenses will protect you if you tick some one off.

with even tech my current defenses if some one sent 16 battle ships to me they WILL get through my defenses but i will kill 50% of them. they will haul away 6k ore 4.5k cryst and 1.5k hydro but their losses will be in the hundreds of thousands.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how much colony defenes   how much colony defenes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how much colony defenes
Page 1 of 1