Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COLA CHAT 2COLA CHAT 2  HomeHome  Battle Calc  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Feel free to leave suggestions about the forum in the Welcome section and we will see what we can do to implement all suggestions.
If you are an officer please message Jeffery, Zoizit, or George Samuel Kirk to be added to the Officers group after requesting to join the group under the user groups heading.
We have a chat room. COLA CHAT when you enter use your in game name and click no password to get in
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

fleet usage

Go down 
AuthorMessage

fleet usage Empty
PostSubject: fleet usage   fleet usage Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 5:42 am

about 4 days ago i sent a mesg to the number1 player in the game and asked him what he would suggest to a noob like me.

he actually reponded.

he said "attack everyone you can."

well it has taken me this long to really figure that out.

heres the translation I have come up with...duh took me long enough.

attack everyone you can.

What i mean is I have been looking for the good scores.
I have also have been grinding and hauling around my system to develop it.

heres the deal though. Grind your missions but save one fleet to be constantly raiding. I will now grind with 7 fleets at a time. 1 fleet for transport, and 1 on attack constantly now.

I only have 10 pos 10 apollos and 10 artis, but now my pos and apollos will now be constantly rolling out the door. (To hit EVERYONE I CAN) with no losses. I'll be looking for people that have like 5 guns or small fleets. I'll run my probe and when it comes back i'll use the same fleet slot to go get EXTRA resources.

Once you have a decent AI tech, get those ships out there and start taking free resources. Just note make sure the target has enough Hydrogen to play for the trip or more. Just go go go and as my token fleet gets bigger then I can hit bigger targets with no losses (IE Everyone I can)
Back to top Go down

fleet usage Empty
PostSubject: note its a good idea   fleet usage Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 6:11 am

its a good idea to keep a fleet in reserve for emergency fleet/resource saving.

as a further insight to the post above.

You know that little colony in your system that noone hits because the guy bailed on day 3.

HIT IT 5 times a day. send 5 apollos and 5 transports it will be a 40 min run that costs 20 h but you will get way more back.

hit it 5 times a day. send your big fleet out to hit real targets.

running regular missions is great but you will never get the return in 1 fleet slot in resources that you get from raiding.

its not all about size its about quality and return. Size means you can hit harder targets with less losses, but the return is relative to the target. 5 mini hits per target will still pay out like that big hit eventually.
Back to top Go down

fleet usage Empty
PostSubject: Re: fleet usage   fleet usage Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 8:25 am

I'd hit that.
Back to top Go down

fleet usage Empty
PostSubject: Re: fleet usage   fleet usage Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 3:46 pm

NeoCommander wrote:
You know that little colony in your system that noone hits because the guy bailed on day 3.

HIT IT 5 times a day. send 5 apollos and 5 transports it will be a 40 min run that costs 20 h but you will get way more back.

hit it 5 times a day. send your big fleet out to hit real targets.

I agree with everything but this. Hitting the same tiny colony 5 times a day is gonna net you absolutely shit in resources. The first 2 times you may get a respectable amount, but the other runs will only get you a few hundred of each. Don't just attack blindly, and don't look at the score.

Probe everyone in your galaxy, just move down the line. When you find a target which will net you a good amount of resources and not lose you much in ships, hit him until he's dry and move on.
Back to top Go down

fleet usage Empty
PostSubject: This is what i do   fleet usage Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 6:59 pm

Here is what I do guys.

I wake up in the morning, while my fleet is returning from fleetsave. i transfer all of my colonies resources to my home planet. ready for some building/researching.

then the fleet returns from fleetsave. i do 5 of my daily missions when my fleet finishes transferring my resources to the main planet. begin my stuff that i build/research etc.

i have 9fleets available to use at the moment. so 4 spare while others do daily missions. i send two fleets out on missions, while 2 others attack two different targets.

when all of that is finished i grind missions and leave two fleets available for attacking others, if i have enough ill sometimes attack upto 5 different people.

thats what i do

edit = i probe everything. if its not worthit. i leave it

edit = correction, i leave a few fleets for probing. my bad
Back to top Go down

fleet usage Empty
PostSubject: Re: fleet usage   fleet usage Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 11:34 pm

Since daily missions are shorter than most attacks, I run them right away in the morning so that I can attack multiple targets over the course of the day. Other than the occasional transport or whatnot, I try and keep all 10 of my fleets busy with raids, I earn ~30,000 on a normal attack, so it is very much worth it to keep them all busy.

The hard part for me is finding rich targets to hit, I am only attacking from one of my planets (at planets in the 200+ region of G47) as I don't seem to consistently find targets in any of my other systems like I do there. It can get really frustrating spending all your H to find just a few targets... So make sure you are attacking in a rich galaxy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

fleet usage Empty
PostSubject: Re: fleet usage   fleet usage Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

fleet usage
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: COLA :: Newbie Tips & Tricks-
Jump to: