Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COLA CHAT 2COLA CHAT 2  HomeHome  Battle Calc  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Feel free to leave suggestions about the forum in the Welcome section and we will see what we can do to implement all suggestions.
If you are an officer please message Jeffery, Zoizit, or George Samuel Kirk to be added to the Officers group after requesting to join the group under the user groups heading.
We have a chat room. COLA CHAT when you enter use your in game name and click no password to get in
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

New Member Applications

Go down 
AuthorMessage

New Member Applications Empty
PostSubject: New Member Applications   New Member Applications Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 11:52 am

For now, until I get a better system in place, the status of the new applications will be posted here.

I have two standard messages right now. If someone applies but does not provide any information I send this message:

"Hi, we are glad that you would like to join COLA.

We do have a few rules that need to be addressed before you are approved to join. We ask this of all new members, mainly for our own internal structure, so don't think we are being a pain about this.

We have your player name but also need the co-ordinates of all of your planets. These locations will not be shared beyond the officer core unless you wish your locations to beknown.

If someone from COLA has recruited you then we will also need their name to confirm the invitation.

If you have been a member of an alliance in the past, or are leaving an alliance to join COLA, then please include that as well.

When you get back to me with the required information I will be glad to approve you for membership to COLA. I will message you again with a welcome message and an introduction to the alliance.

Thank you."

When I accept the application I send this message as a welcome:

"Thank you very much. Welcome to COLA.

We have a lot of members and a great amount of knowledge of strategy. Don't hesitate to ask any question in the message boards, we encourage communication. We do have a rule about posting messages, when posting put a (P1), (P2), or (P3) before the title to indicate the message priority.

(P1)- A thread which everyone in COLA should be reading. Examples of P1 would be any major diplomacy issues with another large alliance, any policy posts that officers want every member to read, etc.

(P2)- A thread which is of importance, and requires the attention of officers. P2 are such things as incoming attacks, the incoming member thread, rank update thread, or anything else that is directly game oriented.

(P3)- Casual thread, just meant to shoot the shit. P3 covers everything else, including trade requests, various guides, nice targets for attack, or any random chatting.

We also have an off-site forum for further communication that you may choose to join as well. I will forward your name and co-ords to the forum administrator for inclusion. It will be up to you to request access to the forum.
https://cola49585.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Make sure to read the Minuteman thread and read up on APA's which is a variation of the non-aggression pact that allows limited attacks against each other without worrying about starting alliance battles.

Another useful tool is the battle calculator for figuring out how a battle would turn out. If you haven't seen it already it is at www.battlecalc.com

Our alliance, due to it's size, is split up into Quadrants depending on the galaxy you are in. Your homeworld would put you in Quadrant *, **-** under the Quadrant leadership of Senior Officer Justin Marsh.

You should always check the Relations tab under the Alliance menu to see which alliances we have NAP's with.

Be mindful of your language with the outside community. We cannot run our mouths to everyone. Use of foul language is not authorized.

There are 101 different ways to express yourself, and if it takes you a few drafts to get one written then use it again and again. Fact is, Vulgar language is a sign of weakness and hasty response. COLA is NOT weak. Show each player respect and they might well become allies and COLA will grow stronger for everyone of them!

If you have any other questions feel free to post on the message board in the proper format. Again, welcome to COLA."

If anyone thinks there should be anything added or removed then let me know.
Back to top Go down

New Member Applications
Page 1 of 1