Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COLA CHAT 2COLA CHAT 2  HomeHome  Battle Calc  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Feel free to leave suggestions about the forum in the Welcome section and we will see what we can do to implement all suggestions.
If you are an officer please message Jeffery, Zoizit, or George Samuel Kirk to be added to the Officers group after requesting to join the group under the user groups heading.
We have a chat room. COLA CHAT when you enter use your in game name and click no password to get in
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Steffans guide to COLAnisation.

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Steffans guide to COLAnisation. Empty
PostSubject: Steffans guide to COLAnisation.   Steffans guide to COLAnisation. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 10:37 pm

Guide to COLAnisation

ok, so youve finaly unlocked the colony ship and you want to get the ball rolling

ive been playing for 2 weeks now and ive recently colonised 9 planets thus using up all my spots, personaly i think colonising everything first and building up each planet in order is a good way to go because you will rack up the resources thus making every future process faster and easyer.

although i did a fair bit of attacking from the point i had 1-4 planets to get resources to build constant colony ships. i attacked inactives mostly. the reason behind this was so i could keep producing those colony ships

my colonising tactic as follows

1xcolony ship
1xatlas class/herc
4000+ ore
1500+ crystal
1000+ hydrogen

arrival build order
capitol 1
capitol 2
(if i bring more recources i capitol 3)
the reason for that is to make the mines and buildings build quicker at the start and for the future

ore,hydro,crystal,solar,nukepower leveled up respectively afterwards

at somepoint i build a shipyard when energy gets too expensive and start building helios class

another thing i do to get the money rising fast on the newly colonised planets is send a transport ship with 6 mine droids to each new planet and putting them in the ore and crystal mines. then eventualy building a level 1 factory at that colony to finish off production.

as the home planet makes alot of cash it could be used as a manufacturer for the droids in the early stages for new planets. sort of like a boost to resources when your newly colonised planets are starting to make their own resources, you can start transporting those back to you home planet, helping with whatever efforts you need. weather it being research/factory/shipyard/colony ships and so on

each atlas/herc i used to periodicly send money back to my home planet helping to build more colony ships or other things

some of my planets are 2nd bases used for building ships quicker.. i.e two poseidons at the same time.

i started about 2 weeks ago

this is my first attempt for a serious guide. also a first draft any mistakes or improvements you would like to add to this guide please messege me on starfleetcommander username steffan.thorning

hope you enjoy this guide

Guide update - Alternative tactics

I have a different out look on colonization and here is the reason.

I only keep planets that have 200 fields or more.

I only load up the Gia with 1000 ore 500 crys and 100 hydro.

*The reason is if the planet is a keeper then these are the resources I will chew through before my transport gets there from my "home" planet. If the planet is not a "keeper" the resources are not missed when I scrap the planet*

Alternate build strategy
all three mines to lvl 5 in the begining

then capitol straight to lvl 4. *Personally I like to build my capitols to lvl 4, but this is the cool thing about this game you can tailor it to your own play style*

Then ore mine straight to 16.
Crystal to 10~13 and then I work on hydro. *This is because mines use no Hydro to build.*

Fleet tactic -
Personally I move my "home fleet" to a newly founded planet. That way I can start running missions there in numbers to power lvl the colony. I leave a Herc and 2 recyclers at the planet for EMERGENCY transfer of resources and the recyclers become the "building fleet" if I want to move my home fleet to a new colony, before the colony is fully "finished. I also use the recyclers as my fleet save vehicle. They are slow but y not pick up some extra scrap while im going to be gone 8 hours anyway.

Just thought I would add a different point of view.

Guide update -

Power leveling a new colony - this is for when you put alot of resources into the colony at the beggining without having to wait for the colony's own resources to support the colony

Build a shipyard to lvl 4 first. that way you can dump extra ore and crys if you have to into defences. Since I was power lvling the colony build I was running straight recycler missions back to back while my other fleet was hitting people.

At one point I was just sitting there with 43k ore and 43k cryst having to wait for 2 hours for the lvl 16 solar plant to build. "can you say pretty target"

thanks to neocommander for alternative guides updates, and thanks to zoizit for suggesting to put this on the forum.

and thanks to COLA for being so great

Last edited by steffan.thorning on Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:42 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : new information)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Nice work btw   Steffans guide to COLAnisation. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 9:05 pm

Nice work btw

Last edited by NeoCommander on Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: a few good ideas there   Steffans guide to COLAnisation. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 2:14 pm

Theres a few pointers you put down that i like very much, especialy keeping planets only with higher fields. fortunatly i have only a few planets with low fields. that i can always abandon sooner or later
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: ***note on power lvling a planet   Steffans guide to COLAnisation. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 7:55 am

***note on power lvling a planet

Last edited by NeoCommander on Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: guide updated   Steffans guide to COLAnisation. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 5:53 pm

i have just included that to the guide Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: update   Steffans guide to COLAnisation. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 8:23 pm

thanks for the speration lines it looks much cleaner now.

Last edited by NeoCommander on Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steffans guide to COLAnisation.   Steffans guide to COLAnisation. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 9:17 pm

I have made all of my colonies resource specific. That is I have colony that only produces Hydrogen, two that only produce Ore, and two that only produce Crystal. They all have at least a Hydro Synthesizer Lv1 for launching cargo ships. I am planning on having one other build planet (Shipyard and Foundry). What are your views on this strategy?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: from colony specialization   Steffans guide to COLAnisation. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 8:02 am

I have read on the forums that resources speccing a planet can lead to issues, you constantly have to ship in other resources. The forums recommending making all colonies self sufficient. I do not have the numbers yet to say one way or another.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steffans guide to COLAnisation.   Steffans guide to COLAnisation. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 8:05 am

Yeah, kinda finding that out the hard way. The main reason I wanted to do this was to conserve fields. I made about a bazzilion colonies before I knew about how field numbers are determined, so my planets averaged about 80 fields when I wrote that comment. I just got a 282 field planet, and I am making that one self sufficient. It works much better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: again not to bore anyone but   Steffans guide to COLAnisation. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 8:28 am

37:125:2 Eat a Joes resturant F282
37:125:3 DONT PANIC F203
37:125:4 No Vacancy F241
37:125:6 OmniStarfire colony F202
37:125:7 Advertise Here colony F309
37:125:8 Ontopia Home world F163
37:125:10 COLA Spa and Resort F256
37:125:15 Onipeace colony F287

this will allow me to make each planet self suffient.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Guys PLEASE   Steffans guide to COLAnisation. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 8:34 am

scale your defences to the lvl of your colonies as you grow if you do not you WILL get hit and hit hard.

One of the reasons I believe I have not been hit is 1 I dont like to keep my fleet sitting around. _ your fleet becomes a please hit me target and recycle my fleet target to the bigger players.

2 I dont leave my resources on my "mining planets" even with there defences I pull them off when the ore gets 10 10k.

my mines have 15 las cannons
10 pulse
10 particle
1 decoy

noone is going to hit that for 5k in ore and less for the others.

FLEET AND RESOURCE SAVE this is your best DEFENSE.

Last edited by NeoCommander on Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: colonies in system   Steffans guide to COLAnisation. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 9:16 am

I suggest that you place your first 4 colonies to be in system if you can. This will lower your transport times, thus allowing you to feed the research/fleet making monster alot mor resources per hour.

after 4 it is up to you and your strategy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: hey hey   Steffans guide to COLAnisation. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 7:38 am

hey guys was away from the forum , ok neo ill seperate the guide to make more sense of it. editing now
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steffans guide to COLAnisation.   Steffans guide to COLAnisation. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 3:30 am

Man... that 309 world that you have kicks ass, Neo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: base defences   Steffans guide to COLAnisation. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 9:13 pm

hey neo , the reply about the planet defences could make a great start to a seperate guide.

i.e Guide to planet defences
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: thanks steffan i'll look around and put something together.   Steffans guide to COLAnisation. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 1:55 pm

ditto
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steffans guide to COLAnisation.   Steffans guide to COLAnisation. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steffans guide to COLAnisation.
Page 1 of 1