Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COLA CHAT 2COLA CHAT 2  HomeHome  Battle Calc  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Feel free to leave suggestions about the forum in the Welcome section and we will see what we can do to implement all suggestions.
If you are an officer please message Jeffery, Zoizit, or George Samuel Kirk to be added to the Officers group after requesting to join the group under the user groups heading.
We have a chat room. COLA CHAT when you enter use your in game name and click no password to get in
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

how much defense on Homeworld??

Go down 
AuthorMessage

how much defense on Homeworld?? Empty
PostSubject: how much defense on Homeworld??   how much defense on Homeworld?? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 9:12 am

when I read what kind of defense you guys have on your colonies,
I can not imagine what you have on your homeplanet, but I would like to know what to go for, so anyone want to share??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: home world defence   how much defense on Homeworld?? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 4:47 am

25 laser cannons
10 pulse
10 particle
2 graviton
1 decoy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: how much defense on Homeworld??   how much defense on Homeworld?? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 9:09 pm

Whats a graviton?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: how much defense on Homeworld??   how much defense on Homeworld?? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 9:37 pm

pulse cannons will be the main defense for anyone. The stand up well to attacks and deal out plenty of damage. Gauss cannons make a nice addition to a strong defence, they deal out a lot of damage. the only ship that can rapid fire on them is a Zeus, but their shields are not very strong.

and when you can afford one, a missile defense system will be essential (eventually). I am not aware of anyone that has been attacked by interplanetary missiles yet, but there are plenty of players with high enough levels to own some.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: graviton is   how much defense on Homeworld?? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 8:50 am

gauss by mistake my new defenses are

Missile: x2
Laser: x50
Pulse: x20
Particle: x20
Decoy: x1
Gauss: x5

and a lvl 1 missile silo going to lvl 2 full of ABM.
large decoy tomorrow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: I had a player rated 451 attack me today   how much defense on Homeworld?? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 6:50 am

I fleet and resource saved today and he aborted his assault.

IE I took all the resources off the planet with transports and moved all the ships out.

He probed me after and aborted the assault.

REMEMBER Fleet and resource save is the best defence you can have.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: update   how much defense on Homeworld?? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 2:13 pm

Missile: x100
Laser: x100
Pulse: x25
Particle: x25
Anti-Ballistic: x20
Decoy: x1
Gauss: x6
Large: x1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: how much defense on Homeworld??   how much defense on Homeworld?? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 7:44 pm

Given the low power of the missile batteries, are they even worth the space? Or are they appropriate for shooting down small raft that the gauss or particle won't? I'm thinking that if it's a simple power issue, I may downgrade all my missile batteries and just put up particles in their place

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: how much defense on Homeworld??   how much defense on Homeworld?? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 5:08 am

Browsing the main starfleet forum is a good idea then b/c i learned lots there. It goes something like this. You want lots of missle batteries b/c ships like the Hades for example don't rapid fire on it so if they hit one, then it ends that ships round of firing. But having lots of lasers are good for the Poseidons b/c they dont rapid fire on lasers so therefore, it will end their turn of firing which will lessen the amount of total damage done.

Hopefully that makes sense but the main forum definitely has a lot of ppl who know what they are talking about
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: how much defense on Homeworld??   how much defense on Homeworld?? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 4:22 am

MichaelZ wrote:
Given the low power of the missile batteries, are they even worth the space?

I don't think they take up any space, at least not fields. Is there a maximum number of defenses?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: The missle batteries do 2 things   how much defense on Homeworld?? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 10:01 pm

1 they are a resource dump for excessive ore if it become problematic.

2 if the enemy forgets to traget his IPBM it helps buffer your better defences.

3 all attacks in this game are a DPS race. If you take him out faster than he take you out you win. This is mitigated some what by rapid fire.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: how much defense on Homeworld??   how much defense on Homeworld?? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 12:08 am

Yeah, I love things that cost only Ore while I am waiting on Crystal and Hydrogen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: how much defense on Homeworld??   how much defense on Homeworld?? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 10:03 am

Currently, my defense of my home planet this

• Missile: x7
  • Laser: x20
  • Pulse: x20
  • Particle: x7
  • Anti-Ballistic: x20
  • Decoy: x1
  • Gauss: x4
  • Large: x1
  • Fleet and resource save

which is not completely wrong, I hope
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: how much defense on Homeworld??   how much defense on Homeworld?? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 12:31 am

Admiral Windsor wrote:
pulse cannons will be the main defense for anyone. The stand up well to attacks and deal out plenty of damage.

Did you mean particle cannons? I prefer the particle to the pulse as it has a 5x higher shild rating making it a bit harder to destroy, and although it does have half the attack rating, whenever I attack someone, I know I hate to see particle cannons as It means either two poseidens or an Athena or higher has to hit each one just to make it past the shield and do hull damage.

Other than those, I'm a fan of decoy's which are a pain to get through, gauss are nice too when you can afford them.

And of course missle battery's i buy when I have extra ore to burn, and to absorb any IPBM that make it past my Anti-IPBM, becuase IPBM automatically target your defenses with the lowest hull ratings first.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: how much defense on Homeworld??   how much defense on Homeworld?? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 2:42 am

I dont understand whats the point in wasting ressources on defenses if you you fleetsave.

Im not trying to be a prick, just trying to understand.
alexx-
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: how much defense on Homeworld??   how much defense on Homeworld?? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 5:52 am

We all make mistakes and forget to save, defenses are just one more thing that makes planets undesireable to attack. Plus they can be used in combination with your fleet to bait in people. If someone sees your fleet at home, they'll attack you. If you have sufficient defenses then when you pull your fleet out at the last second, their fleet gets raped by your defenses (which have a chance to be rebuilt), and you get a nice debris pile.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: how much defense on Homeworld??   how much defense on Homeworld?? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 8:45 pm

well if your fleet/res saving for say 8 hours and you have ore mine in the 20ish level thats around 30k of ore, then add 30k crystal and hydo it might not be alot but i dont want anyone to be able to take it for free either
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how much defense on Homeworld??   how much defense on Homeworld?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how much defense on Homeworld??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: COLA :: Questions and Answer-
Jump to: