Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COLA CHAT 2COLA CHAT 2  HomeHome  Battle Calc  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Feel free to leave suggestions about the forum in the Welcome section and we will see what we can do to implement all suggestions.
If you are an officer please message Jeffery, Zoizit, or George Samuel Kirk to be added to the Officers group after requesting to join the group under the user groups heading.
We have a chat room. COLA CHAT when you enter use your in game name and click no password to get in
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

My fleet theory

Go down 
AuthorMessage

My fleet theory Empty
PostSubject: My fleet theory   My fleet theory Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 9:28 am

written by George Mason

I love my hades... they go in where there are plenty of ships to kill... and they do it great.

My fleet theory:

Athena: back bone of any fleet... so plenty of em

Hades/ares: Hades for ships (and therefore defense too) and ares for defenses... so they are dependent, but Hades are almost always good as they are more survivable and most targets have ships.

Poseidon: Good for support roles and in decent numbers. More rapid fire, cheap, and can take some decent pounding... so a standard support ship.

Apollo/Artemis: Fodder, meant to take hits so your better ships aren't focused on. Apollo is better as they live longer than Arties and they are faster as they are pulse, and can keep up better with combat fleets.

If I am going against a planet with a lot of minerals, a lot of defenses, and a lot of ships, this is how my attack looks.

Wave 1: Hades, Athena's, Poseidon's, Apollo's.
Wave 2: Ares, Hercules, and Fodder (either type of fighter)
Wave 3: same as wave 2, but probably less hercs.
Harvest: Dio's enough for all 3 waves

If I want to time it right, I send the Dio's first, wait until the timing is right then send wave 2 and wave 3. Wait some more, then launch wave 1. Doing that, each wave should arrive in their proper order within 10 or 15 seconds of each wave.

Of course, if you are just trying to kill ships before someone logs back in, send them in numerical order. Wave 1 will get there fast and knock out any ships. Wave 2 and 3 will take a while longer, but it should be hard for the player to resource save even if they log in after wave 1 but before wave 2 and 3 get there. And as far as the Dio's go, you just have to hope they get there before anyone else realizes what is there and goes for it. *shrug* it is a gamble, but at the least you get the ship kills. Then you can try and catch up with CT and DP... COLA's two top killers.
Back to top Go down

My fleet theory
Page 1 of 1